Sunday, April 12, 2009

Oh the Beauty of NATURE

So this has been a very exciting and happening week. On Wednesday we went with Alan's work and residents to watch an Idaho Stampede basketball game. It's not bad getting paid to go on a date night. We got court side seats and ten dollars worth of food each. Why can't we always get paid to do things like that?









On our way to the store on Saturday we were able to watch as a graceful eagle majestically soared over our heads with a large fish grasped in its large and powerful talons. Shortly after we saw a loving mother goose with her newly hatched baby balls of fluff standing beside the pond along the road way. Later in the day after helping with an alternator problem, we decided to go for a fish. Upon arrival of said pond we watched as a large (ten to fifteen pounds or even larger) grass carp jumped out of the water after some little bugs a few times in a row. We had a couple of visiting fishermen at the pond with us but they were unlucky and did not catch anything. We however were very skilled and were able to fight and prevail over the fish. We caught a total of five before calling it a day. Oh and did I mention that it was all with flyrods and not the traditional spinner rods?

Our largest prize of the day was a five pound Smallmouth Bass that put up a real good fight and did not want to be caught. He was pulled in and photographed to ensure that everyone is able to see just what we are all about.



2 comments:

  1. Fish, food, fun, and geese...a perfect week by my standards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautifully rustic. I am jealous! I know Cedar is nothing close to a booming metropolis, but all I see and hear out my window in my backyard is construction and machinery, so I feel as if I am a city girl and much too far away from nature. And the construction dirt lofting in through my screen doesn't count as nature.
    Way to go on the fishing trip! I am way impressed. I would even try to eat the fish if you guys cooked it - I have great faith in your abilities to make ANY food taste good enough for even Lily to eat. :-)
    Paid to go to bball games? Ryan is green with envy. How fun!
    Miss you tons and love you both...
    Val, Ryan, and girls

    ReplyDelete